Everyone explains that standing the f*ck out is 👏CRI👏TI👏CAL, but no one, not even positioning and branding experts, explains how to *actually* do it. That, my friend, is up to you to figure out.
This never sat well with me, honestly.
So I've made it my mission to help startup/business owners in saturated markets to stand the f*ck out in a practical and honest way *without* the need for a huge team or a massive budget.
I've used my 10+ experience in marketing with businesses like Hotjar or Dropbox, my failed CRO agency, my 160+ podcast episodes with no-BS marketers, and thousands of hours of research (literally) to develop the Stand The F*ck Out™ Methodology: a practical 4-step framework to position your business, find your people, and build a durable brand.
1) I'm the husband to the beautiful Jennifer:
2) I've been living in Dublin, Ireland, for the last 10 years.
3) At the end of my 3rd year in a French business school, I was expected to do an internship abroad with a French company (in partnership with said business school). One of those companies was based in Ireland and I ended up here because they were the only one interested in my profile.
4) I fell in love with marketing when I was 18-19 after reading the book called Petit traité de manipulation à l'usage des honnêtes gens which is basically the French version of Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion:
5) Marketing has always been more than a career or a job for me. I’m kinda obsessed with it. I love understanding people – what they really think, what they really like, what they really do. I'm a super curious person who loves asking questions until I get to the bottom of things.
6) I was born in Clermont-Ferrand, France, which is famous for its gothic cathedral as well as for being the corporate headquarters of Michelin (the global tyre company):
7) When I was a little boy, I used to annoy my mom by constantly connecting to the internet on our 56k modem when she was trying to make a call. I was fascinated by the ability to reach an unlimited amount of people within seconds and by the touch of a button.
8) I believe you can treat people the way you’d like to be treated and still generate results without using sleazy, aggressive, hack-y marketing. This is why I’ve started Everyone Hates Marketers – a no-fluff, actionable marketing podcast – as a side project in April 2017. I've left my full-time job in September 2020 to work on it full-time.
9) Since then, EHM has been downloaded more than 1M times and got praises from many from industry leaders as a marketing podcast you can learn from (crazy, right?!).
10) I LOVE creating something that people pay attention to because it's the OPPOSITE of what everyone else is doing. I'm super cynical and contrarian by nature so I tend to try to poke holes in everything I see or hear... I think this is why I thrive in making people pay attention to stuff without being spammy.
Everyone explains that making your business different is vital — but NO ONE (not even experts) explains how to actually do it... Until now.
Just click on that big fat red button, answer a couple of questions, and learn to stand the f*ck out in a no-bull, super-practical way:
"A terrific celebration of marketers and marketing in all its forms."
"You're literally the only marketer I can stomach."
"When are you going to do something in French so I understand it?"